We take customer privacy very seriously at wevu.
That’s why all our data processing operations are carried out in compliance with the applicable personal data protection laws and in particular with the (EU) Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR").
Personal data is both information about you and the combination of different types of data that reasonably permits to identify you. Your personal data is collected through the wevu platform (which is accessible through the applications for smartphone, tablet or smart-TV or our website), our website and our customer services.
wevu will be the data controller of the personal data you provide us.
If you’ve got any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our customer services (details below)
If you’re not satisfied with our response to your question or concern, or believe our processing of your information doesn’t comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
We encourage you to periodically review this page. Latest update: 22 December 2020.
There are a few ways through which we collect your information. This could be via:
- the wevu platform, which is accessible through the applications for smartphone, tablet or smart-TV or our website (the "wevu platform")
- our website, which is found at www.we-vu.com (the "wevu website")
- our customer services, which can be reached within the wevu platform (our "customer services")
- Our social media pages, including the @wevu_uk Instagram page
We’ll never keep more information from you than we need to. The types of information we collect will depend upon how / when we collect that information.
Information you give to us:
- when you redeem a voucher code on the wevu platform we’ll ask you to give us your contact data (i.e. email address) and some profile data (i.e. a password).
- when you purchase our products or services or create an online account we’ll ask you to give us your generic data (i.e. first name and surname), your contact data (i.e. email address) and some profile data (i.e. a password).
- when you contact our customer services we’ll ask you to give us, where necessary, your generic data (i.e. first name and surname), your contact data (i.e. address, email address and phone number), device data (i.e. the device used to access the wevu platform), some profile data (i.e. account number) and any other personal data you provide during operational support or an assistance request.
Information we collect from you when you use our products and services:
- when you use the services on the wevu platform, we automatically collect information about your use of those services including the following:
- device data (i.e. IP address, device make and manufacturer, browser information and other similar identifying information required from your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet)
- when you enter a prize draw or competition for example through our social media pages, including the @wevu_uk Instagram page
There are a few ways we use the information we hold about you. We’ll use it:
- where it’s necessary to perform our contract with you:
- to provide you with the products and services you have bought from us or one of our retail partners
- to manage your registration and all your transactions on the wevu platform, and specifically to process your orders on the wevu platform for our products and services
- to respond to any questions, issues or complaints you may have regarding our products and services
- where we’ve got a legitimate interest:
- to manage and, where appropriate, block payment transactions for fraudulent orders
- to manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to our products, services or the wevu platform
To this end, we wish to inform you that we have set up adequate controls with the intention to achieve a fair balance between your rights and our interests, so that the latter do not prevail over your rights.
- with your prior consent:
- to send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you
- where we’ve got a legal obligation to process personal information:
We are also required to capture, retain and share some personal data for legal reasons such as:
- to manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to our terms and conditions
- where there’s a need to block unauthorised or illegitimate content
- to respond to courts and enforcement authorities
- to help authorities with any security, crime or anti-terrorism enquiries
We may disclose your data to the following categories of entities:
- wevu’s subsidiaries and/or affiliates, and their employees and agents so that they can administer, and deal with any questions or complaints you’ve got about your account with us and/or the products and services provided to you by wevu now or in the future;
- suppliers, agents, subcontractors and all those who are part of our sales or service network or are offering us various services. In particular, we’ll pass your data to the following third parties;
- SeaChange NLG B.V. (the provider and operator of the wevu platform) in order to provide our products and services to you
- Zendesk Inc (facilitator of customer assistance and support requests received through the wevu platform) to help resolve your requests for assistance or support
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as ‘Mailchimp’) (our automation platform and email marketing service) in order to validate your registration on the wevu platform and to give you information about any products and/or services you have asked to receive more information on;
- consultants or legal offices engaged by wevu to represent it in court disputes and/or administrative proceedings;
- public safety authorities and judicial authorities, individuals, corporations or other authorities to whom it is mandatory to communicate your data by law or by order of the authorities;
The personal data disclosed to third parties will only include data that are necessary for the specific purposes for which they are intended. These third parties shall process your data as independent controllers, or in most cases, data processors according to Art. 28 of the GDPR.
Your personal data will not be made public.
Within the European Economic Area, we may transfer your data to the companies referred to earlier for the various purposes described above. We do also share your data outside of the European Economic Area with certain companies, namely:
- Zendesk Inc (facilitator of customer assistance and support requests received through the wevu platform) to help resolve your requests for assistance or support. Zendesk Inc processes and stores your data in servers located in the United States. Zendesk Inc has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks to the U.S. Department of Commerce and has been added to the US Department of Commerce’s list of self-certified Privacy Shield participants. Zendesk Inc’s certifications confirm that they comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for the transfer of European and Swiss personal data to the United States.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (trading as ‘Mailchimp’) (our automation platform and email marketing service) in order to validate your registration on the wevu platform and to give you information about any products and/or services you have asked to receive more information on. Mailchimp processes and stores your data in servers located in the United States. Mailchimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Mailchimp are committed to subjecting all Personal Information received from EEA member countries, United Kingdom, and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to each Framework’s applicable Principles.
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently processed, pursuant to legal obligations.
In particular, the data related to the management and use of your account and/or the services will, unless required to be kept longer for legal or tax purposes, be retained for the duration of the contractual relationship established with wevu; that is, until you request to deactivate the service (through our customer service) or your account has lapsed after a period of non-use. Please note that the deletion of your data following your request for deactivation of the service or after your account has lapsed will not allow you to further use the contents you have purchased whether via the electronic sell-through (or 'EST') modality on the wevu platform or otherwise.
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures that guarantee the security and confidentiality, availability and resilience of all the data collected over the relationship between wevu and you, avoiding their modification, loss, unauthorised treatment and/or unauthorised access, taking into consideration the state of technology, the nature of stored data and the risks to which it is exposed, whether from human action or from physical or natural environment. We also evaluate these measures regularly to ensure your data is processed safely.
- Right of access: you can request information about the processing we perform on your data or ask for the confirmation that wevu is processing your personal data. In that case, you can ask us to provide you with copies of your data via e-mail and verify which data are in our possession.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request for the rectification of your personal data if it is inaccurate (for example, if it is different from the information you have provided us during the registration process), including the right to request for the completion of incomplete personal information. You can also modify your personal data by accessing your online account.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to request for the erasure of the data (or of part of it) you have supplied us where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing of personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to restriction of processing: If the conditions set out by the law are fulfilled you can request us to limit the use of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: you can get from wevu the personal information you have provided, in a structured format that is commonly used and readable by automated devices and transmit it to another party. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdrawal of consent: if the data processing was based on your consent, you may revoke it at any time, even though this does not jeopardise the lawfulness of the processing performed prior to such a revocation. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority: without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial recourse, you have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in case you consider that the data processing carried out by wevu breaches the current data protection legislation.
Any questions or requests regarding the exercise of your rights shall be submitted to us by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting our customer services.
The wevu platform and wevu website may contain links to other websites that can be consulted by the users by selecting appropriate links made accessible during their use of the platform or wevu website. The access and consultation of these websites remains outside the purview of the activity performed and the controls and/or security measures adopted by wevu.
Your colleague number is not stored by wevu, it is only used to validate your account.